Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Post Cards

Hey Yall! 

Another week for ya! I'm loving it here in wake village! The weather is normally rainy but we make it through because we have sunshine to bring to people! This week was a little weird with Halloween but it was super fun! 


So we went on exchanges with the New Boston sisters on wednesday because they didnt have enough miles to make it back and forth from our missionary meeting and our trunk or treat thing that night. So I got a chance to get to know Sister Conder! She's a stellar missionary for only being out 3 months and training already! I felt bad though because we ended up tracting the whole time we were together...ooops:/


We also had the opportunity to clean out our laundry room because its a sisters apartment and sisters always leave things in each apartment. So our laundry room was full of crap. (my ocd side came out!) BUT we found this nike box of post cards. These post cards were from like 1909 though! Like whaaat! They just have so many memories! There was also a ton of blank cards so if you get one thats why:) You should be honored to have such an old piece of history!


We also had NO miles this last week because the sister before me was going home so she didnt care about it and then when I got here we didnt have the option to use miles because we were so over. So we walked to all of our appointments! I dont think I've ever walked so much in my entire life., but we ran into some cool people along the way. We stopped to see Shanika on one of these walks and it was just perfect timing. She was bout ready to give up on everything! She just didnt know what to do anymore. Frandsen and I got her to recognize that people need her and that she means the world to us! She is just soo strong and has Satan working on her double time right now. Please pray for her if you need something to pray about:)


Halloween was also this week! Hope everyone got lots of candy! We were told we had to be in at 6 so we didnt really know what to do, but then the Elders decided to have a game night so we came to the church and had a party #missionparty #besthalloween


One thing I've learned this week is that no matter what we are going through someone else has had it harder, someone is always going through more. So why do I put people down with such negativity when the world needs happiness. So I put it to the test I spent this week always being positive and happy to everyone trying to make em laugh. We were able to make so many more friends and we just felt better about ourselves throughout the week. So in other words this week please share a smile! Stay happy and always remember you have it better than someone else so smile about everything!


Love Yall,

Sister Durtschi

Happy Birthday to... Marianne Olsen, Adam Lough, Harmony Durtschi, Mary Loertscher, Logan Durtschi, Lydia Loertscher, Annie Cline, Brent Durtschi, Adrianna Beazer, Jakob Durtschi


P.s also paid fast offering with tracting change...because thats what happens when your tracting change jar gets full:) The ward clerk loved me!

Tracting change:)

They say this town is small....uhhhh

Frandsen and I #tracting

No comments:

Post a Comment