Saturday, October 31, 2015

Wake Village

Hey yall! 

Another fantastic week! New place, new family (missionary district), new adventures await! So this week was transfers and as yall know I got moved to Texas. It was a 12 hour t-van ride from Gulfport to Texarkana...long story short Tuesday was a very long day! But I got to see the whole mission! Literally met everyone in the mission! 


So this week I met a 100 year old lady! ONE HUNDRED YEAR OLD! Like woah isnt that sooo cool! She cant really understand anything but no one visits her. So we are gonna go over every week to make her laugh and let her have some company:) 


We also met some amazing people. Shanika just lost her 4 year old grandson and it was like perfect timing for us to come by. We've met with her 3 times in the last week and she says there is a reason why we came by the way we did/when we did. She wants to be baptized she just needs time to overcome some things. We also met Darrell who goes to houses and preaches to people. We brought up baptism by the priesthood authority and he says "well I already have that authority Jesus Christ came to me and gave it to me." So that is our hurdle with him right now...he thinks JC has come to him and made him the most powerful preacher in the world. This is gonna be fun!


It's also rained buckets here for days! In Gulfport it was a warm rain and never got very cold. Here though is SUPER cold and the rain is FREEZING! I can tell its gonna be a cold winter here! :) Good memories I guess:)


Also shoutout to my bro ALEX...i mean ELDER DURTSCHI! Getting ready to leave in a couple days for New Zealand! You'll be a fantastic missionary and a great leader! I love your guts! Miss you!


I'd love to hear from yall! My new address is:

523 Redwater Rd #29
Wake Village, Texas 75501

I love yall and hope you're having a fantabulous day! #rolltide

Sister Durtschi
My hubby and son #ElderGardnerPhotography

No comments:

Post a Comment