Saturday, October 31, 2015

Pray For You!

Alrighty Y'all its that time of week,

This week was an AWKWARD week! I had so many new missionary moments that it just made for great laughs and super awkward meetings with everyone I ran into. 


Well it started off with Sister Winkel and I teaching our District meeting...which went fine but I hate telling other missionaries how/what to teach because I am learning from them, and I am in no position to tell them what to do.hehe But it was actually a really good lesson and the spirit was able to help teach...which is the only way to teach.


I was sick Thursday...we think it was because I havent slept for a long time...but I can promise that NyQuil and a blessing do wonders to a person! Was able sleep and then go out and be the Lords hands that evening! It was a great day until one of the bishopric members called and asked if we would speak on Sunday! That wasnt what we wanted to hear...but we told him we would. So Sunday we were able to speak on missionary work and the members. It actually was kind of fun, I talked about cows and tied them into missionary work. The kids loved it because you dont see many cows around here was able to get to know a lot of ward members because they asked questions about Idaho. 


I have forgotten my tag twice this week and so Sister Winkel would let me use hers thats on her scriptures...so I've been Sister Winkel a lot this week! We also had the greatest moment with a door approach. We were tracting in an area that no one wanted to hear what we had to say, so we knock on this door and the guy answers. The second I see him the spirit has stamped on his forehead PRAYER, so we start talking and then I asked him what he thought about Jesus. Hes says "nothing", so I asked him if he went to church. He says "no", so at this point I'm like well he doesnt want anything to do with us so I just say "Well can we pray for you then?" He says I guess...Long story short we prayed and then he just closed the door...SUPER AWKWARD! But hey we got to pray so that was nice!


This week we also woke up at 4 so we could watch the sunrise on the beach! It was so cool! It was our last day on the beach, so that was sad, but we were able to do our studies and everything there. It was actually really peaceful and nice to help us both open our eyes to the little things that mean a lot.  


All of our appointments this week fell through so we did a lot of tracting and member lessons, but it was a great way to get some new missionary experience in. I was able to keep my head up with the help of Sister Winkel and keep going with the work!


2 Nephi 32


Love Y'all!

Sister Ashley Durtschi
The adventures of Sister Durtschi's nametag:)

No comments:

Post a Comment