Saturday, October 31, 2015

The HEAT of Mississippi


Hey Yall

Well the heat isn't kicking us out of work yet....but DANG is it hot here! I never knew my body knew how to rain :P You just sweat so much it comes out like rain...we end up changing outfits like 2 times a day because we smell/look so gross. But we keep on pushing through and drink tons of water.


So this week was pretty great. We went on exchanges with the STL's. I stayed in Long Beach and Sister Winkel left to go to Diamonhead. It was so fun to be with Sister Garry and learn so much more from a new companion even if it was just for a day. 


I also got mono this week...so that was not fun. We ended up staying inside all day Thursday because I was so sick. I felt so bad that we couldn't go out and work. Sister Winkel was so nice about it though and just kept saying "You get better now or we end up staying indoors for a week because you just kept pushing yourself to hard." So long story short I got better and we got back to work:)


So Myrna's baptism didnt happen...sad day. BUT it will! Her husband Kevin wasn't able to get work off for it so we ended up changing it. I'm just gonna say it will happen before August because we never know whats gonna end up happening until then...but she is still super excited to be baptized she just needs the right timing for it to take place. We just hope its this next week because transfers are next tuesday...gah thats crazy! Time is flying by!


We also ran into a man this week who was living in a less active house. He was this 84 year old guy that can only see 1/4 out of one eye and is totally blind in the other. He was cracking all these joke and just having fun, totally made our day as we didnt have much luck tracting for 3 hours that day. 


So one thing thats been on my mind a lot since I got to Mississippi is temples. Yall that live in Utah and Idaho are soooo lucky to have em so close to ya. The people here have to travel for 3 hours to get to Baton Rouge but they've had construction for the last 2 years on the road to the temple that it takes 5 hours just one way. While on my mission I dont have the opportunity to go to the temple. I really dont mind as I get to have so many other spiritual experiences, but I never realized how much a temple means as it was so close to wherever I lived. Take the chance to go to the temple as much as possible. Even if you arent old enough to do a session, go do baptisms for the dead! You will be the best missionary ever as you would be baptizing at least 10 people in one day! Like that is a dream as a missionary and yall have the opportunity to do that in just taking the time to go to the temple. So please this week strive to attend the temple. It is such a special and AMAZING place. 


Love Yall

Sister Ashley Durtschi
Sister Garry on exchanges:)

Water fight in the apartment...shhhh


No comments:

Post a Comment