Saturday, October 31, 2015

Get em DUNKED

Hey Yall,

What a week! So as yall know we had transfers last week. I'm STILL in Long Beach and am loving it here! It was so sad to only have Sister Rodriguez for 6 weeks but she is using her spanish in another area so it was for the best. My new companion is Sister Elms and let me just tell you...she is a beast! We have only been together a week and have decided we wont have a better companionship for the rest of our missions, we go together like steak and potatoes!

So idk if yall remember when I talked about Myrna waaaaay back in August? Well things just weren't working out with her and her baptismal dates, so we kind of dropped her for a bit to let her find her way through the Lord....well we go over Wednesday and she says "Im ready for baptism Saturday." Say whaaaat? so guess what we finally did Saturday? Yup thats right a baptism. Myrna has been investigating the church for over a year and when I got here (5 months ago) she was just getting ready for baptism, so I'm so happy for her and the decision she made to finally take the leap of faith.

We also were out tracting on Saturday (saturday was just a big day for us) and we were able to teach three families who are super interested in what was said. We also handed out 5 book of mormon's that day! Like woah that was a first!  I just love mission work!:)
I know I've talked about prayers a lot but I can not put enough into it! Prayer is the only way to communicate with God. I like to think of it like a teenager and a cell phone. Teens love to text and talk on the phone, but what happens when they lose/break the phone? they feel lost. that kind of the way prayer works. We always have a chance to communicate and when we do, we dont feel so lost anymore. We dont have to have a phone to call...we can ALWAYS be in contact with our Heavenly Father! I'm so grateful for the comfort and peace of prayers! I will never go another day without saying a prayer. I know without a doubt He is listening and always will be. He loves each of us and will always be there for us!

I love yall!
Sister Durtschi
Myrna and I are never serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment