Saturday, October 31, 2015

Saluted off a porch

Hey Yall! 

This week is another great week! (I feel like I say this every week...but its so true! Like every week is the best week!) Sister Elms and I are loving it and working to build our teaching pool. So in the process of finding people we run into this man named Mike...and at first I thought this guy was pretty cool...but then 27 cats later I find out he isnt so normal and he loves cats. So we left him with a book of mormon which he said he would read to his cats. The scriptures can be read to anyone peeps! 


This week we also did another first! We did some phone call tracting...why? because why not? Like lets just try this out and see how it goes. So we open up the phone book and get the people in our area and start calling away. We actually ended up having a few people interested in what we had to say...just from a phone call! And this is why they call us #longbeachlegends JK, it was just a new way of finding. We wont end up doing it again because it was awkward. But hey we got some awesome people to teach from it:) 


Now the reason for my subject...So we are tracting (actually knocking on doors) and we are in the ghetto (mom we dont go there at night so its ok) and there is this nicer looking house that we both agreed would be the house we share a message with em. So we walk up the two flights of stairs and what do we do? We knock on his door...because we're missionaries and thats what we do everyday! He then comes to the door and asked us if we were JW's, we say no, were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He then turns straight to us and gives us a salute and then slams the door. I thought it was the greatest way to be shut down! If only everyone would salute us for going door to door! 


Anywho I need to send a HUGE shout out to my sisters HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY! because I'm a turd of a sister and forgot to do it last week. Brooke, Breanne...I LOVE YOU! also Happy Birthday to Grandma Goldman! Sorry I missed out on all the CAKE! 



I hope yall have an amazing week! 
Love yall!
Sister Durtschi
What happens when you find shades in the car:)
Found the greatest plate of mississippi yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment