Saturday, October 31, 2015

Tract-a-thon

Hey Yall!

So this was just an amazing week of HEAT! I know yall took my advice and everytime you were in AC you took an extra second in it for me...because it never felt to hot to be outside. Which means I was ok with doing SIXTEEN hours of tracting! Sister Rodriguez is a beast and just kept saying "lets tract." So if your wondering...we won the tract-a-thon, and our whole zone (the smallest in the mission) had almost 80 hours of tracting. Mission work is so FUN!


On tuesday a less active family asked us to come over with the elders and give their son a blessing because he was going in for heart surgery. We get there, and what do they have as a pet? a RACCOON! Like no way! So were sitting there with a raccoon just chillin with us! (Only in the south) So I got to pet a raccoon! Check that off my bucket list! 


While we were in out 16 hours of tracting we ran into a man that was just bashing us. Like it was a hard bash and I felt bad for Sister Rodriguez because this was her first real bash. He is telling us we need to find the truth and stuff and she starts crying and telling him she has. He just kept throwing punches (not literally mom) and so we finally just tell him we will read the bible and find out. We leave and Sister Rodriguez is just so mad that he would do that. In the meantime I'm just praying and hoping we will find someone nice to make up for him. The Lord always answers! Four doors down we run into this guy, who as soon as we said Jesus Christ, got super happy and energetic. Told us how we are so special and just exactly what was needed after a hard bashing. It really was a miracle for the day!


So for those of you who live around me (in idaho), yall remember the story about Acey Shaw on ESPN? Yeah so we are tracting (of course) and we run into this guy who asked exactly where I was from after I said Idaho. He goes well how close is that to Dietrich? I said actually 45 min away...we play sports against em...and all that jazz. Anyways he was like do you know Acey Shaw? I was in amazement as he said the name! I said yes! He asked all these questions and just wanted to hear the whole story and know how I knew him. Anyways I bring up the fact that he is mormon, and he goes no way..can I be part of that? Of course you can! So we set him with a baptismal date! But I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has been examples! Yall never know who is watching ya and is learning from ya! Just keep that in mind!


Also yesterday in church the primary asked us and the zone leaders to dress up and tell the story of different bible characters...It was actually so fun! We came through the time machine door and got to just feel the love of little children. We all wanted to take the costumes home, but the primary president wouldnt let us:( 


Love Yall!

Sister Ashley Durtschi
Our tracting GAME FACE #BeatTheHeat


Time Machine #BibleStories

No comments:

Post a Comment