Monday, December 7, 2015

12 Year Old Mormons

Hey Yall,

First off...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BEST MOTHER in the WORLD! Hope today is your favorite! (if any of you are around her today, please give her a hug for me) Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BEST FATHER in the WORLD! Hope Saturday is the greatest day ever! (do the same for my dad please)

This week was super fun! We went to the ward christmas party and went caroling around the church with a lot of the members. We also got to watch the Christmas devotional, which was cool because in some talks they were about New Zealand and man do I miss my brother! Was so happy with all this christmas cheer this week! Cant wait to continue this cheer for another 3 weeks:)

With December being a Christ centered month, Sister Frandsen and I decided that every day this month we would do a Random Act of Kindness. So we we're heart attacking the relief society president, we thought she wasnt home....but she was and she caught us! But it was fun, we gave her a little bit of happiness for the beginning of December. Since we got caught and their son was turning 9 on Friday, we went and decked their door with birthday wishes for him...AND we did NOT get caught that time!:) Service makes us sooo happy! I recommend trying it out more often!

We also were finishing up our 7 hours of tracting this week and man have we been low on meeting people lately. But we were on this one street and man was it just so awesome! We had tons of lessons and the spirit was just so strong! But in the middle of the awesomeness, we run into this guy on the phone. We give him the spill that were missionaries from the church. He says "uhh Im atheist girls, VERY ATHEIST!" and closes the screen door. We tell him to have a great day, but can still hear him talking to the other guy on the phone. He says "sorry 12 year old mormons are trying to sell me Jesus." We both turned and looked at each other and said..."I dont look 12!" Then sister Frandsen said "Well I do...but you dont...you can be my mom!" haha 

Another tracting experience this week! So since I'm not on the gulf coast any more and I got transferred to the very edge of the mission, its been a HUGE culture shock! Totally different from the coast! But I love it! So were out in the country...but not Idaho country(they still have stores and stuff around) ANYWAYS, were on this screet and we see a dog, well lots of dogs but this one was different. Then BAM! this isnt a dog...its a PIG! Like what! These peeps had a pig as there pet! It was so great!

I hope yall are having the greatest day/week ever!
Love yall!
Sister Durtschi
Last district:) Only Elder Mills left us #party

Roasting a marshmallow over a candle:) #missionstatus

The PIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment