Monday, October 24, 2016

GUMBO for the FIRST TIME

Hey Yall!

Fall is here! FINALLY! I love the fall weather! It makes everything here look sooo pretty! Kinda like Idaho...but not as cold! Its still in the 80's here! Im in heaven! Except for at nights...its getting cold and it makes it harder to get up when its cold! 

Monday we went and washed the McLain's car! then they fed us pizza! Man do I love the southerners! They know how to eat and keep eating! 

Tuesday we had exchanges and DM because the zonies wanted to come to our DM...so I got to be with the wonderful amazing Sister GOLDER again! I love her! Had a blast from the past! We stayed up forever and a day talking about life! I love her...if ya cant tell! We also had an awesome time at the Ishee's! I love them too!

Wednesday we swapped back, we had a lovely trip to Oak Grove to swap. Then we came home and had dinner at the Balch's and then Branch Council. I love all my family out here! I wish i could pack them all up and bring them home so yall could meet them all! They are the hoots to life! 

Thursday was BUSY! but I had the most spiritual experience that happened in my entire mission! While i was sick last week my comp and a member went out and tracted this street. Well they ran into someone and shared a scripture and got a return appointment, well we had to move things around and well...he ended up passing away on Friday and we went over there, not know that it was him that everyone in town was talking about. She opened right up and told us she was so sad and trying to stay busy...YALL what do you say to help someone you just met that lost their best friend...(ask the missionaries, and luckily i'm one!) YOU say God loves us soooo much that He gave us a way to see our loved ones again. She loved it, and felt so much at peace and as we finished the lesson, she asked me to say the prayer...most sincere prayer I have ever said in my life! I loved this lady and I didnt even know her! I think thats how Christ and Heavenly Father feel about us! Cept for the fact that they already know us. So much to learn from in all of our experiences of life!

Friday was weekly planning, so a pretty boring day, but i did get a call from SISTER MAUGHAN! She called to just wish me a happy 18 month mark! I love this girl! I sure will miss all my friends out here!

Saturday...EIGHTEEN MONTHS of being a missionary! WHAT! I never thought this day would come! Its kind of bitter sweet actually! But it all works out in the long run. We had a branch activity which consisted of Gumbo, and more GUMBO, and did I mention GUMBO!  Yall i went a whole 18 months and had never had GUMBO! Its the bestest thing on the planet! Its kinda like a soup that you put over rice, with lots of delicious scrumptious things in it! But the activity was lots of fun and was a great way to spend time with a lot of the people there.

Sunday, well we dont have many people that come to church, which means we help out a lot. We dont have anyone to play piano or lead music. Well we have a less active that LOVES to play the piano so we have been working hard to get him to come play! He's come a few weeks now and is helping us in our primary program next week! So excited cuz he came back for 1 and 2. that we wont have a primary program with the computer blasting the songs. Other than that not much happened sunday tho.

So I gave yall pretty much what happened in my week...but the funny stories for the week come from right outside our house! When I was on exchanges and talking on the phone to Sister Maughan. Both times I was on the phone with my favorites and man oh man funniest thing. When I was on exchanges we had a GIANT possum that was fixin to walk across the road when suddenly this 18 wheeler comes cruisin by and squashed it! ahhhh we both were screamin in the car while we were just parked outside our house talking to the zl's. Then when i was on the phone with sister maughan and this cat start walking across the road and boom this car comes out of no where! GAHH idk what it is with road kill, but apparently they like getting squashed when i'm outside talking on the phone! 

Sorry this email is all over the place but this week has been crazy and I guess my mind is still on crazy mode! But I LOVE YALL! and cant wait to see yall soon! 

LOVE YALL!
Sister Durtschi

No comments:

Post a Comment